Summer 2010: Getting Our Sh*t Together.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UpDayDownDay

Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty UpDayDownDay

Post  Nae Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:17 am

Yesterday was my first Down Day. Drank a slimfast (200 calories) and had a progresso light soup (160 per can).

Up day up day up day! Wont try to hit 2000, knowing that I've read whenever you count calories according to packaging labels, they can be up to 20% higher and the FDA will approve the lower number.

That said, I'll eat enough to not go into starvation mode. (Like eating 1400 calories today, 1800 between 2 days, 900 per day- not enough!)

Off to have my unrestricted bowl of cereal!
Nae
Nae

Back to top Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty First Up Day

Post  Nae Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:00 am

So the internet doctor says for the first two weeks, Up: 2049 calories, Down: 410. This is for a lightly active 1-3 times a week person.

I'm not aiming to hit 2049 (because that really means I probably ate 2300+ calories, and that is so hard for me to do! I dont know how to eat that much without my typical cookie/brownie binge.

But I'm aiming for a full day- 1600, 1700. Average that with my 400 yesterday and it's below minimum required calories- about 1050 per day. So if I aim for 1600, and a little extra milk in my slimfast adds up... we're a-okay!

So up day:

Breakfast:

Bowl of Kashi Go-Lean Crunch- I decided to treat myself to a more caloric, sugary cereal. At least its honey and all natural added sugar. I'm sooo sick of Grape Nuts and Shredded Wheat.

Big bowl + Milk. Round up to 400 calories max.

Lunch:

Ideally this would be a turkey sandwich. Yet, I dont have a jar of mayo and I've become completely uneasy with buying stuff that rots here. Like turkey, lettuce, etc.

So today, it was a PB sandwich.

Round up to 500 calories max.

I needed milk, wanted chocolate milk. Had slimfast. 200 calories.

Perfect! Setting myself up for a 400-500 calorie dinner.

I'll get better at working fruit/veggies/salads into my diet- Not all prepackaged/frozen stuff. Good start though.

I like this!

Nae
Nae

Back to top Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty Sunday Then Monday

Post  Nae Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:16 am

Ended up not eating Freschetta- good since two big slices wouldve been 800+ calories!

Had some honey wheat pretzel sticks, a personal size frozen pizza dinner and brought a power crunch to the movie theater. Avoided Heather's popcorn like the plague.

Think I ended up right in the 1800-2000 range.

Today- I'll eat a yogurt before I leave. Slimfast for lunch. Soup for dinner.

MWF this week at work are gonna be rough!
Nae
Nae

Back to top Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty Monday Wrapup

Post  Nae Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:12 pm

10am- Slim fast

1pm- yogurt (Dannon light & fit)

6pm- can of chicken dumpling soup

8pm- I caved for 4 pretzel rods.

510-550 calories. Not bad. I'll adjust tomorrow down accordingly!
Nae
Nae

Back to top Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty Trying to keep track

Post  Nae Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:43 pm

Weighed in at 136.4 this morning but had big Up Day, so don't expect to post loss next time I weigh in on Saturday morning (next morning after a Down Day). Should be about even.

Just a weird food day- had a smart one's breakfast thing (200ish cals) on my way out door this morning, but then a pastry, and a second (as everyone had) waiting.

Skipped lunch in hospital cafeteria- barb, johnny, jeff ate burgers there. They looked gross. Dad and I were famished. Ate Red Robin at 8pm. Turkey burger- asked for without mayo, got mayo, I asked for melon instead of fries, got both. So I failed in any attempt of normalcy. Oh well.

Nae
Nae

Back to top Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty Almost.

Post  Nae Sat Jul 17, 2010 8:45 pm

Was doing great and will go back to doing great on UpDown..

had big Up first night Dad was here, yesterday I had a slimfast, Jacquie took us out for sushi (not bad by any means, just over for a Down day, and I killed it with big bowl of cereal at night).

Today was a big Up Day. Panera, snacking, waiting in hospital, etc.

Back to down day tomorrow.
Nae
Nae

Back to top Go down

UpDayDownDay Empty Re: UpDayDownDay

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum